Scalloped Carrots Recipe


Scalloped Potatoes are a must have side dish whenever I make steak for dinner. However, this time we did not have any potatoes on hand, so I decided I would experiment with carrots! I made the scalloped carrots the exact same way I always make my scalloped potatoes.


I started by stirring 5 cloves of minced garlic into 1 1/2 cups of cream. I mix the garlic and cream into a measuring cup with spout so it’s easy to pour over the carrots later.

Next, I peeled 5 medium sized carrots and sliced them lengthwise, just under 1/4″ thick.


Then I poured a thin layer of the garlic & cream mixture into a 9×9 oven proof baking dish, and placed one layer of carrots on top.


Pour another layer of the garlic & cream mixture over top and then sprinkle salt and pepper all over. Repeat with another layer of carrots, then cream mixture, with a sprinkling of salt and pepper until all the carrots are in the dish.



Place in the oven and bake at 400 F for 45 minutes or until carrots are tender.

The scalloped carrots turned out to be really tasty and will definitely be one of our favourite side recipes for many other meals as well!

Ingredients:

5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups of cream
5 medium sized carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise, just under 1/4″ thick
1 1/2 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. pepper

Instructions:

Pre-heat oven to 400 F.

Stir minced garlic into the cream. I mix the garlic and cream into a measuring cup with a spout so it’s easy to pour over the carrots later.
Pour a thin layer of the garlic & cream mixture into a 9×9 oven proof baking dish, and placed one layer of carrots on top.

Pour another layer of the garlic & cream mixture over top and then sprinkle salt and pepper all over. Repeat with another layer of carrots, then cream mixture, with a sprinkling of salt and pepper until all the carrots are in the dish.

Place in the oven and bake at 400 F for 45 minutes or until carrots are tender.

What are some of your favourite carrot recipes? Carrot casserole, carrot soup perhaps? Feel free comment!


Comments