This colorful and fun stir fry dish was as tasty as it was pretty too. My kids loved it! The sweet and fruity burst that the mango added was nicely balanced with the onions and peppers. Of course, shrimp is always a big hit in our household too.
To make this stir fry, you will need the following ingredients:
1 red bell pepper (cut into pieces about 1.5" in size)
1 green bell pepper (sliced into 1/2" pieces)
1 large onion (cut into wedges)
1 pound of raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 mango, cut into 1/2" slices (ripe, but still firm works best)
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
3 tbsp. Plum Sauce
1.5 tbsp. cooking oil of your choice (I like to use Extra Virgin Coconut Oil)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil on high in a large Wok or pot.
2. Toss in the onions and cook them in the oil for about a minute.
3. Add the remaining vegetables and shrimp and mix around until shrimp is fully cooked.
4. Add the mango, soy sauce and plum sauce. Mix well. (Still over high heat)
5. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste. (Optional)
6. Serve with rice or noodles.
If you decide to make this dish, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!