Pancake Mix Funnel Cake

I love funnel cake so when I saw them being made at the carnival, I thought, why not try making it at home!

For the batter, I used Pancake Mix. I just followed the instructions on the box and then poured the batter through a funnel into hot oil. I fried it until golden brown and put the cake onto a paper towel lined plate to help blot the oil. Then I sprinkled the funnel cake with powdered sugar, topped it with some strawberry sauce and a scoop of my favorite vanilla ice cream.



The strawberry sauce was very easy to make as well. I simply put into a saucepan, a pint of washed and hulled strawberries, 2 tbsp. of lemon juice, 1 tbsp. water and 1/2 cup of sugar (3/4 cup if you like it really sweet). I stirred the mixture over medium heat until the strawberries were well cooked, then turned off the stove and removed them from the heat.

If you have made homemade funnel cake, I would love to hear all about it. Feel free to comment! :)

Comments