Pumpkins


We went to visit a farm on the weekend and there were so many pumpkins! Of course, they had a huge pumpkin patch where we got to explore and pick out a pumkin. We ended up with four pumpkins, a mini one, a small one. a regular sized one and a large one. I wanted a really HUGE pumpkin, but my husband thought it would be too heavy to carry across the farm and back out to the car.


I am not one for carving pumpkins so I figured I would take the seeds out and roast them in the oven. Roasted pumpkin seeds have always been a favorite of mine. Once I take the seeds out of the pumpkin, I am sure to pick them out of their pulp right away. Then I rinse them in a colander under cold running water. I take a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and spread the seeds out in a single layer, sprinkle them with salt and roast them at 325 degrees F for about 25 minutes. Be sure to stir them around about half way through. Finally, let them cool and enjoy!

Making a pumpkin pie with the actual pumpkin is a great option, but this month has been really busy for me so I figured that having my husband carve the pumpkins would be a better idea. We are going to put them out on the front porch for Halloween!

Comments