Guacamole Recipe


Guacamole is one of my favorite dips, and I love serving it as an appetizer or snack when I am having a party or get together. Making guacamole is quite easy, and from what I understand, guacamole is quite healthy too! 

I don't use a specific guacamole recipe, but try to add the same ingredients each time. The quantity of each item does vary from time to time, because depending on taste, some may like more of this and less of that.

I generally will take 2 avocados and pit them, then put them in a bowl with half of a medium to large sized chopped tomato, 3 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of minced onion, 5 springs of minced cilantro, the juice of one lime and salt and pepper to taste.


I take a fork and mash it all together since I like my guacamole chunky. Some of my friends don't do any chopping or mincing and just put all of the ingredients into a food processor. That method is a lot faster, and also yields a smoother guacamole.

I then serve the guacamole with both yellow corn chips and blue corn chips for variety.



If I make the guacamole and don't serve it right away or happen to have leftovers, I store it in a bowl in the fridge and cover it by gently pressing plastic wrap right on top of the guacamole so that it doesn't turn brown. Sometimes I don't do the best job with covering it up and end up with some air bubbles where the guacamole will turn brown, but I just give it a little stir before serving and it is fine.
Enjoy!

Comments

Printabelle said…
We love guacamole on everything!! LOL! Thanks for linking up and I love the tip about pressing the plastic wrap on top, I didn't know that, I'd just been living with brown guac. thanks!