Curry Chicken


This is a quick and easy curry chicken dish I made. I would have to say that the curry chicken recipe I use is one of the easiest and most versatile recipes that I know of. I can make yellow, red or green curry for this recipe and also substitute the sauce to turn it into a sweet and sour dish too!


For this dish:

- I simply prepared 2 onions and 1 pound of chicken by slicing them and cooking them together in a pan with some heated oil.

- I then added a package of frozen asian vegetable mix and stirred it for about 30 seconds before adding one can (400ml) of coconut milk and 3 tablespoons of yellow curry powder.

-I mixed it all up and added salt and pepper to taste, served it over rice and that's it! Pretty easy.

To make red or green curry, you simply substiute 2 tbsp. of red or green curry paste in place of the yellow curry powder.

If you would like to make sweet and sour chicken instead, you can substitute the coconut milk and curry with the sauce from this recipe.

You can also chop up fresh vegetables such as carrots, red peppers, green peppers, orange peppers, yellow peppers, broccoli, green beans, yellow beans, asparagus, cauliflower or any other vegetables you may like. If I am using fresh vegetables, I usually add a can of baby corn as well. For this meal, I used a package of asian vegetable mix just to make it quick and easy since I had such a busy day.

The amount of vegetables is up to you. For a pound of chicken, I usually would use about 4 to 6 cups worth of vegetables. It all depends on if you like a lot of vegetables or a moderate amount.

Comments

mizztraveller said…
mmmm . the curry looks delicious