150 grams of ground pork, ground chicken or ground turkey
1 green onion, chopped
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 small egg
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 package of wonton wrappers (usually about 24)
6 cups chicken stock
1.To make the wonton filling, mix the first 7 ingredients together a bowl.
2.Using 1 wonton wrapper at a time, moisten any two edges with cold water. Place 2-3 teaspoons of the filling in the centre of the wrapper, and fold over into a triangle.
Firmly press the edges together to seal them. Join the two outer points together and squeeze until they are stuck together.
3. Repeat step 2 until all the wonton wrappers are filled.
4. Bring a pot of water to a boil, and place the wontons into the boiling water. Reduce the heat and let the wontons simmer until they float to the surface. This should take approximately 3-4 minutes.
5. In another pot, bring the chicken stock to a boil, then turn off the heat.
6. Carefully remove the wontons, dividing them into individual bowls.
7. Ladle the chicken stock into each bowl to cover the wontons.
I like to garnish mine with finely chopped green onions and cilantro. I also add a little bit of garlic chili oil for some spice and extra flavor.