Monday, July 14, 2008

Maki Rolls


These are some delicious smoked salmon and avocado maki rolls that I made when some friends came over. I don't often make maki rolls and they are best served fresh and that is not often easy to do when making everything from scratch.


All I needed to make them was:


1 sushi mat
1 package of seaweed paper
4 cups of cooked sushi (japanese) rice
1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
5 slices of smoked salmon

To make each roll, I placed one piece of seaweed paper onto the sushi mat and spread a layer of sushi rice onto it. Remember to leave an inch of the top of the seaweed paper uncovered.

I then placed smoked salmon and slices of avocado in a horizontal line across the middle of the rice.

I rolled the sushi, removed it from the mat, then cut the sushi into 1" rolls.

The salmon and avocado maki rolls were delicious served with soy sauce and wasabi.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...